20 Apr 2022

The Society of Genealogists is moving. TBA!

 

I just caught sight of the blog post I posted (ages ago) about where the Society of Genealogists is located. So I thought I'd best post a hold-the-thought update because they are in the process of moving, eventually.

We don't yet know where they are moving to, but they are actively looking and negotiating as well as carrying out due diligence so they will find the right kind of premises. Best of all, it will be in London!

I must say that I was quite worried that they would move too far out to be easy enough to get to. That would be such a shame because I don't think I would have made a trek very often. Despite best intentions I just know that I wouldn't. I know that their temporaty office is located in Holloway but all their materials are in storage.

You can still join the SOG and also use their online resources. There is a lot there to look at.

And I can recommend their online courses. When I checked the last time, they were very affordable and I think it's wonderful to be able to attend from the comfort of my own office chair, with a cup of my favourite beverage in hand. 

More news from March 2022 here:

https://www.sog.org.uk/visit-us/


No doubt they will let us know as soon as they can what their new address will be and when they'll open again. I for one can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave me a comment if you enjoy this blog. I particularly love if you have anything to add, or a question. Research is a solitary pursuit so it is great fun to discuss my findings.